Sunday, April 28, 2013

Week 28 Reflection

This week we learned more about momentum and the transfer of energy.  We also used this new thing called gosoapbox that I thought was a great idea personally.  It was nice that throughout the class period you could answer questions about the lesson that the teacher puts up there.  I remember that we had to do a lab that involved using that website and looking things up online.  I think that it's a great idea. 

The entire week we were working on our Newton Cradles.  They were due on Thursday and we had to present them on Friday.  I think Devin and I's project worked pretty well.  We used ping pong balls that had needles stuck in them for eyelets for the string.  We cut out an old shoebox and used that for the frame.

We were told that the more rigid the object is, the more efficiently it transfers energy.  Even though ping pong balls are necessarily the most rigid objects, the still transferred the energy well.  We could do all the tricks that we were supposed to do.  We could drop 1, 2 and both ping pongs from both ends and have good results.

This week also involved the new soapbox website that we used.  The lab that we had to do with it involved us watching a video that Mr. Abud made I think explained what an impulse was and then he asked us a question at the end that we had to answer on twitter. (I'm taking that from memory, so I am probably wrong but that's what I thought it was talking about.)  I feel like we should use gosoapbox more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment