Sunday, October 7, 2012

Week 4 Blog Reflection

This week we went more in depth on graphing distance and displacement.  I know that on friday we were out in the hall with bean bags and meter sticks and we were demonstrating the difference between distance and displacement.  I also know that we made graphs that demonstrated distance and displacement but honestly I can't really remember what we did when Mr. Rogers was a sub for the class.  I think it was a day for graphing but I forgot what it was that we were graphing.  Just telling the truth.

The main ideas of this week were displacement and distance and how to graph them.  The difference between them is that distance is how far something traveled from the starting point.  Displacement is how far away something is from the starting point.  I also know now that we can get the relative speed of an object from its graph.  We reinforced the fact that the graph can be represented by an equation.

I don't have any questions about the actual topics at the moment but what I do want to ask is if we are going to apply these into real life events or situations.  Like if we could apply physics to sports or physical movements like jumping and running. 

Overall I think I understand the content that we are learning pretty well.  I understand the difference between displacement and distance and how to draw a graph based on an objects movement.  These concepts came pretty easily to me because I paid attention in class and the visual aspects of the demonstrations also helped me grasp it even more.  The combination of these two allows me to really grasp and learn topics fast since hearing about is not always enough for me to learn it.

I believe that I participated very well this week.  I was a contributor to my group when we were supposed to graph and make equations and do the activities together.  I tried to participate in class discussions and if I didn't have a question to answer I thought that I listened intently to what was being said.  As far as things to work on go, I think I need to work on doing better on my assesments and writing these blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment